Pool Deck Repair and Leveling in South Florida
Fast, Permanent Pool Deck Leveling with PolyLevel®
What’s a southern Florida home without a pool deck? Though these beautiful backyard escapes add value to our lives and our homes, they come with their handful of things to be cautious of. From life jackets on little ones to non-slip surfaces, we do what we can to protect ourselves and those we love from pool-side disasters. However, if your concrete pool deck is cracked and uneven, this tripping hazard can hurt your safety efforts. At NSquare, our pool deck repair specialists can level the concrete around your pool, maintaining its beauty and improving its safety.
What Causes Concrete Pool Decks to Crack and Settle?
If concrete does anything, it’s crack—so don’t be alarmed when you spot a few hairline fractures webbed throughout your concrete deck surface.
With that said, under normal conditions, your concrete shouldn’t be subject to large cracks, crumbling, heaving, and settling. If you notice any of these in your concrete, it’s likely that outside factors are placing too much pressure on your pool deck.
Soil Changes and Your Concrete Pool Deck
Most often, soil changes are going to be the culprit of your concrete’s cracking. Soil is subject to both weather and weight. Heavy rain, changes in weather, and how well the soil is compacted are all factors in your soil’s, and thus your concrete’s, stability. The following soil changes can lead to damaged pool decks:
- Soil Washout: Heavy rains can cause soil to wash out from under concrete, leaving voids beneath your pool deck. Over time, your pool deck is likely to sink into these voids where no soil is upholding its weight, causing it to crack and become uneven.
- Soil Shrinkage: In cold weather, expansive soils can shrink. Like washout, shrinkage creates pockets under your concrete, causing it to be unevenly supported. This causes your concrete to sink, crack, and become uneven.
- Soil Settlement: Soil settlement occurs when poorly compacted fill soil is used to support concrete slabs. Over time, this soil compresses and settles under the weight of your pool deck, resulting in an uneven concrete slab.
- Soil Expansion: When the weather starts to warm up, extreme heat can cause your soil to expand. The added pressure from expanded soil can force your concrete slab to heave and lift upwards, causing it to crack or become uneven at control joints.
Other Causes of Uneven Concrete
Though soil changes are the most common cause of concrete damage, here are a few other causes to be aware of:
- Tree roots: Large tree roots growing beneath a slab can cause concrete to crack or upheave.
- Overloading: Though concrete slabs are extremely durable, they have their limitations when it comes to load-bearing capacity. Even if the concrete is strong enough, the soil beneath may be forced to settle. Placing too much weight can cause the concrete to crack under pressure.
- Premature drying: When the top layer of a concrete slab dries to quickly, it can leave crazing cracks—cracks that look like shattered glass or webs. These type of cracks typically don’t create a safety or structural concern.
How to Repair Your Concrete Pool Deck
Whether your pool deck is cracking, heaving, or settling—the foundation repair specialists at NSquare, Inc. are well-equipped to provide long-lasting pool deck repair.
PolyLevel® Concrete Leveling for Pool Deck Repair
While some contractors still use old-school concrete repair methods like mudjacking and replacement, NSquare uses a fast curing, minimally invasive, and longer-lasting concrete pool deck repair method called PolyLevel®.
Mudjacking and other methods of concrete repair require the use of large equipment and typically cause damage to your yard and existing concrete. They take longer to cure, meaning more downtime for your pool. Not to mention, some methods of repair, such as concrete replacement, are significantly more expensive. PolyLevel® eliminates the need for these expensive, disruptive, and time-consuming concrete repair methods.
What is PolyLevel®?
PolyLevel® is a high-density expanding foam that our technicians can use to raise and repair settled concrete pool decks. Injected through small holes drilled into the concrete, the two-part polyurethane foam expands and fills voids in loose soil, improving the soil’s stability and load-bearing capacity. With PolyLevel®, you can feel confident that your concrete won’t settle and crack again.
Why Choose to Repair Your Concrete Pool Deck Instead of Replacement?
Though pool deck replacement might present a satisfying solution to pool deck cracks, without attacking the problem at its source, it won’t last for long. Complete pool deck replacement will only solve the cosmetic issue of cracked concrete. Unfortunately, if your concrete is cracked due to soil changes, your newly poured concrete is sure to crack again as the soil washes out, shrinks, expands, or settles.
PolyLevel® concrete leveling is a faster, more affordable, and more durable than pool deck replacement and resurfacing. It’s unmoving and waterproof, meaning that it won’t wash out or settle beneath concrete like soil will.
Pool Area Repair and Filled Concrete Cracks
Pool Deck Area That Had Settled
PolyLevel Lift and Stablization of Pool Deck
Pool Deck Repair Company in Southern Florida
Call NSquare, Inc. today to have your pool deck inspected today! Sunken, settled concrete sidewalks, patios, driveways, and slabs can also be repaired with PolyLevel®.
We're Southern Florida's experts for concrete leveling, proudly serving Sarasota, Lee, Collier, Charlotte, Glades, Hendry, Monroe, Miami-Dade, Broward, and Palm Beach.
Give us a call at (239) 206-1480 or contact us online for a pool deck leveling and repair quote!